Sunday, September 20, 2015

Enchanted



Children's literature is filled with many stories involving enchanted inanimate objects- silver shoes, a giant peach, a magic pebble, or any number of things in the Harry Potter series. While I was going through a large box of old sketches I  came across a drawing of a baby in a crib with fairies hovering above. I thought that this would be great to use with the #scbwidrawthis prompt for this month, Enchanted. I thought about the use of enchanted objects adding mystery and magic to stories, and decided that to have the fairies coming out of a painting of a forest scene instead of through an open window. I also decided that it is probably a very old painting, and this is not the first time the fairies have come out to play with the child who sleeps in the room where it hangs.



No comments: